Weapon Power Chests, also known as Vampire Weapon Power-Up Chests  or Weapon Boxes, were featured in Blood Omen 2, they increased the power of whichever weapon Kain was holding, until it broke.
Weapon Power Chests were ornately decorated boxes found throughout Meridian (though of a different shape, the decoration was similar to that featured on Lore coffers )[BO2]. Kain was able to 'feed' on the Weapon Chests in the same manner as feeding on Blood or Lore Coffers. When activated, the box would telekinetically open and an amount of purple energy would join with Kain's currently equipped weapon causing it to glow purple, increasing its attacking power[BO2]. The enhancement would only last as long as the current weapon did; when the weapon broke, Kain lost the enhancement[BO2].
- The origin of the Weapon Power Chests is unclear; unlike Lore coffers, the weapon chests receive no description in dialogue[BO2] (only an onscreen prompt), although their decoration and description as "Vampire Weapon Power-Up Chests" in the Blood Omen 2 manual certainly implies a Vampire origin. Like the Lore Coffers, it unsure whether this implies Ancient or later Vampire origin, or why the boxes have simply been left across Meridian by the Sarafan .
- The similar appearance of Lore coffers and Weapon Power Chests may imply a common origin and Umah's description of Lore Coffers could equally apply to the similarly appearing Weapon Power Chests.
- The Prima Blood Omen 2 Guide refers to the chests simply as "Weapon Boxes", the same term used in the onscreen prompt when Kain encounters the first chest.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Vampire Weapon Power-Up Chest "These will increase the power of whatever weapon Kain is holding. To open a Vampire Weapon Power-Up Chest, stand in front of it and hold down the [feed] button." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2 manual. pg17 (Eidos Interactive). (2002) Download.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Hold [feed] to activate the weapon box while holding a weapon. "You can only carry one weapon at a time, and all weapons eventually wear down and break. The Weapon Box straight ahead looks a lot like a Relic, and it is activated in a similar fashion: stand in front of it and press the Grab/Bloodsuck button. If you have a weapon in your possession, opening the Weapon Box will energize it." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002).Page 13 onwards.ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ Umah: "Also know that scattered throughout Meridian are relics of our ancestors. Useless to humans, only vampires can access these Coffers and use the power held within. Seek these out on your journey." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.