Vampire Hunter Cannoneers were a were a Human 'vampire hunter' enemy class affiliated with Vampire hunters. The Cannoneers were armed with hand cannons and were encountered in the Pre-Blood Omen era at the beginning of Soul Reaver 2.
Vampire Hunter Cannoneers were troops of Moebius's Vampire Hunter faction, encountered by Raziel in the Pre-Blood Omen era of Soul Reaver 2. They wore somewhat ragged brown cloth armor decorated with the symbol of Moebius's Vampire Hunters with a white hood and wielded portable hand-held cannons. Cannoneers would often be confronted along with other Vampire hunter allies[SR2].
Cannoneers were the ranged-attacking troops of the Vampire hunter faction; in combat, they kept their distance and used their cannons to fire cannonballs at Raziel from long-range. At close-range they had little combat capability (though they could use their cannons as a melee weapon in close-quarters) and little health with quickly charging them and singling them out being an effective tactic[SR2].
Raziel first encountered Vampire Hunter Cannoneers in the Pre-Blood Omen era, shortly after he left the Sarafan Stronghold and ventured out into Nosgoth. They would frequently be encountered throughout that era and were later seen nearby the Shrine|Shrine area, in the Swamp, and would be present in the Sarafan Stronghold after Raziel returned from forging the Light Reaver[SR2].
- The Vampire hunter cannoneers are comparable to the long-range fighters of the other 'hunter' factions in Soul Reaver 2, (the Demon hunter cannoneers of the Demon hunters in the Era following Blood Omen, and the Sarafan sorceresses of the Sarafan in Nosgoth's early history). Vampire Hunter Cannoneers were notably the weakest of these variants[SR2].
- Apart from the weaponry used, Vampire Hunter Cannoneers were visually identical to their Swordsmen allies[SR2].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Prima Games / Demian Linn and David Hodgson. Prima's Official Soul Reaver 2 Guide. (2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soul Reaver 2 manual. Crystal Dynamics. (Eidos Interactive). (October 31, 2001) Download.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bestiary: GameFAQs. Soul Reaver 2 FAQ/Walkthrough/Soul Reaver 2|Online (by Celtic Wolf).