Turel's Clan Territory was the clan territory of Turel and his clan the Turelim, originally planned to appear as the penultimate playable locale in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. The level was removed along with several elements of the original Soul Reaver storyline at some point in development, due to timing and budgetary issues.
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Raziel was intended to visit Turel's territory after gaining the Possession ability from the Priestess. It appears the area would be accessed using the Shift-at-Will ability via a series of ledges above the entrance to the Oracle's Cave, adjacent to the Ruined City. Some of these ledges are still present in the finished game, but do not lead anywhere.
The Turelim territory is believed to have been the industrial heartland of Nosgoth, with many furnaces and what appear to be rivers of magma. The Territory also contained the Smokestack seen in the opening video to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. After defeating Turel and gaining the Amplified Force Projectile (the same ability attained upon Turel's demise in Legacy of Kain: Defiance), Raziel would have used an updraft from the top of the smokestack to glide to Kain's Mountain Retreat.
Contrary to a popular misconception, Turel's Clan Territory is not situated within Dark Eden, despite visual similarities. During his visit to Crystal Dynamics in 2002, Ben Lincoln confirmed that imagery in prerelease Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver videos does depict the territory prior to its removal.
In the background materials for multiplayer spin-off Nosgoth, the Turelim Clan territory was mentioned as the site chosen for construction of the first smokestacks and was something of an industrial heartland in Kain's empire in events of Soul Reaver Nosgoth.[NOS]
The territory eventually appeared in the game as part of the Crucible map area and contained a number of Turelim statues, industrial mechanisms, furnaces and chimneys, and prominently featured the main Smokestack nearby.[NOS]
- Original music was produced for Turel's Clan Territory which made appearance in the game in the Sunlight Glyph Altar area in Soul Reaver. The track for boss battle with Turel was also recorded and is found on the Soul Reaver Promotional Soundtrack under the name "Turel Clan".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Turelim Clan Territory at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- ↑ Turel's lair entrance at YouTube (by Raina Audron)
- ↑ My Visit to Crystal Dynamics at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 'Tyrants – Disputed Heirs to the Throne' at the Nosgoth official blog (by George Kelion) (preserved at Tales of Nosgoth/Nosgothic Realm)