Torches were one of the most basic and widely available weapons in Soul Reaver 2, they could be found throughout Nosgoth in all three eras, usually adorning walls in darkened areas.Template:Ref-SR2-Prima
Torches were a one-handed weapon variant. They were slower and more powerful compared to Claws; but were faster and less powerful compared to sword, trident/halberd and axe variant weapons.Template:Ref-SR2-ManualTemplate:Ref-SR2-Prima Torches had a unique finishing move - igniting the enemy and setting them aflame. This move could only be used once however, as it extinguished the torch;Template:Ref-SR2-Prima unlike Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, torches could not be re-lit.
- Torches in Soul Reaver 2 were presumably based on the Torches seen in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, with a similar appearance and similar moves, animations and attributes to their Soul Reaver predecessors. Notably the Soul Reaver 2 torches are unable to be re-used or reignited.
- Like many of the weapons in Soul Reaver 2, Torches are not explicitly named in-game. In many guides and sources, weapons are divided by generally into one- or two-handed weapons,Template:Ref-SR2-Manual or into general weapon familiesTemplate:Ref-SR2-Prima(with the torches given their own unique one-handed variant class).
- Torches are labelled as "hndtrch" in game files. The game manual and Prima guide both refer to them as "torches".Template:Ref-SR2-ManualTemplate:Ref-SR2-Prima
- A Unique Torch design is seen in the Fire Forge which somewhat resembles the Gong Stick seen in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. With no enemies present in the fire forge, these torches were used more as an item than a weapon - allowing Raziel to ignite different cauldrons as he progressed through the Forge.
- Template:Icon-SR2Soul Reaver 2