Thieves were found in Blood Omen 2, where they were first encountered in Chapter 2:the Den. Thieves were said to "rule the streets" of the Den  and they particularly populated that area of the city[Blood Omen 2]. Thieves could also be encountered in Chapter 3: The Lower City [Blood Omen 2]and were seen in the upper parts of the city, where they were seen apparently raiding Aristocrat houses in Chapter 4: The Upper City and even the Sarafan Keep itself in Chapter 5; in these instances the Thieves were much more covert in their methods, using sewers, tunnels and rooftops to avoid detection by the Sarafan [Blood Omen 2].
Thieves are among the weaker enemies Kain encountered in Blood Omen 2. They generally wore a hooded cloak that came in a variety of colours and were armed with a Dagger and a Crossbow (which Kain could not pick up and use). Thieves were quick and agile but not particularly strong or resilient, they could also shoot fire arrows at Kain if he remained at a distance[Blood Omen 2]. Thieves would attempt to run away if sufficiently injured[Blood Omen 2].
- Debug Information calls the thieves "Thif"[Blood Omen 2].
- Prima's Official Blood Omen 2 Guide is inconsistent in its naming of some of the enemy characters; Thieves are referred to in early chapters as "Sarafan Archers " - a different enemy class. Later on, by Chapter 4, the guide begins to refer to them as "Female Thieves" (having initially named the Thugs as "Thieves").
- Thieves are generally seen throughout the lower areas of the city of Meridian. They are particularly noted in the Smuggler's Den, where a Cabal Contact indicated that they controlled an entrance to the Smuggler's Tunnel. A small group of Thieves had even managed to breach into the basement areas of the Sarafan Keep and the presence of several bunks and Sarafan guards in the area suggests this may be a regular occurrence, with the Thieves frequenty raiding the keep[Blood Omen 2].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Thief: "Ninja-like assassins that prefer to hide in the shadows and surprise Kain with a surprise attack. Their weapon of choice is the Dagger and they are quite nimble. If close to death, the Thief will always try to run away."Official Blood Omen 2 site Humans page
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Fog covers the ground inside, so activate your Mist gift. Sneak up on the nearest Sarafan Archer and kill her with a single blow. Her companion will now be alerted to your presence, but you can eliminate her in a similar fashion if you stay in the fog. Or forget the stealth, kill her face-to-face." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 16 onwards. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Umah: "Welcome to one of the “glories” of our fair city, the Smuggler's Den. As squalid as you found the Slums, you will find this place even more offensive. Rogues and thieves rule the streets, and of course the Sarafan too have their own dealings here. You may expect small help from the inhabitants, and more trouble." Crystal Dynamics. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Creatures of the Night: "On his own, Kain wanders deeper into the heart of Meridian, searching for sanctuary and a rendezvous with an unknown leader of the vampire resistance. Unbeknownst to him, a ghost from his past is hot on his trail: a former member of Kain's legion now working to destroy the vampire race. The smuggler's den is populated mostly with thieves, but the Sarafan have a presence there as well." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 16. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ Chapter 3:Lower City:In Darkness We Gather "Having located the entrance to the smuggler's tunnel, Kain must locate the hidden sanctuary of the vampire resistance, as Umah heads off to investigate the industrial quarter of the city. Though you'll still encounter many thieves, the Sarafan's presence in the lower city is more evident, with frequent guard patrols and ward gates intended to thwart any vampires who encounter them.." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 47. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Float down into the sewer area and walk through the checkpoint. Jump over the wreckage blocking the end of the passageway. Two Sarafan Archers wait for you in the next room. Kill them, then open the Relic before moving on." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 28. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 "Two female Thieves await you, but they are easily dispatched. Pull the stone block away from the wall and drag it to the left. Jump on top of it and use it to jump to reach the ladder.//Climb up to the rooftop and get ready to battle another female Thief. When the coast is clear, float down through the open skylight.//Kill the Thief and feast on her blood, if necessary, before turning the gear that opens the double doors leading outside. Don't forget to open the Relic before leaving." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 33. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Continue on your way, taking a right turn at the next intersection. A nobleman runs down the hallway, being pursued by a female Thief. She'll turn her knife on you. Kill her and look for a Relic in an alcove to the right at the far end of the hall." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 41. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ "Inside the next room, Umah will meet up with Kain once again. She warns you of a gang of thieves camped out ahead. Unlike your battle with her, this one will be for real! Don't forget to press and hold the Auto-target button to lock on an enemy before either blocking or attacking them." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 11 onwards. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ Cabal Contact: "The Smuggler’s Tunnel you seek is hidden in a cavern underground. The thieves enter by way of the Church, outside. But there is no entrance there for any but themselves. You, sir, must go beyond the Church and find a lift. This will take you underground."//Kain: "Where, precisely, is this lift?"//Cabal Contact: "In a collapsed section of the district beyond the Church. The Church, remember sir, is forbidden to all but the thieves. The guards there will attack you, should they but lay eyes on you."//Kain: "I will be most careful." Crystal Dynamics. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.