Development[edit | edit source]
The Spirit Reaver was a temporary enhancement for the Wraith Blade associated with elemental Spirit. It was intended to be discovered by Raziel, but the Reaver enhancement were ultimately cut due to time constraints along with the companion Spirit Glyph.
The blade would have been a temporary enhancement, though when lost it could be re-imbued from enemies Souls. The blade was intended to be have several special abilities; "destroying" enemies in a single strike or Force bolt.
The Spirit Reaver was present in the Soul Reaver alphas publicized in 2020 where it is a bright green blade. The forge for the blade was located in the Citadel. The blade could kill enemies with one strike or projectile and its usage prevented Raziel from feeding on enemies souls.
Unlike other cut enhancements, the Spirit Reaver is not present in any form in the retail version of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and it is not listed under the debug menu. The place of the Spirit Reaver was ultimately taken in the retail version by the Kain Reaver.
A single blow with the Spirit Reaver blade, or impact with a Spirit Reaver projectile, destroys the affected enemy.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A similarly named Spirit Reaver was planned to appear in Soul Reaver 2 but was ultimately cut; with the enhancement becoming an all powerful final blade (more like the concepts of the Ariel Reaver and Amplified Reaver enhancements). With the Spirit Reaver removed from Soul Reaver 2, it would be left to Legacy of Kain: Defiance to debut a more permanent Spirit Reaver enhancement and its special abilities.[Defiance/12][Defiance]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Elemental Reavers at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- The Elemental Reaver Forges at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- The Spirit Glyph at The Lost Worlds (by Ben Lincoln)
- November 24, 2001 snapshot of Soul Reaver Playstation (PSone) Cheat Codes in ABSOLUTE PLAYSTATION ( PSX, PS, PS1 ) - Soul Reaver at ABSOLUTE PLAYSTATION
Browse[edit | edit source]