When Raziel originally gained the Wraith Blade in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, it effectively had two companion enhancements; the blue Material Reaver and the green Spectral Reaver, with the Spectral Reaver the default manifestation of the blade in the Spectral Realm. Once gained, the blade was always present in the Spectral Realm and was the only weapon, save Raziel's Claws that could be used in combat against the inhabitants of that realm. In combat, the blade was more powerful than other standard weaponry and could also be enhanced with the Telekinetic force projectile relic to produce Reaver boltsTemplate:Ref-SR1Template:Ref-SR1-Manual-UKTemplate:Ref-SR1-Manual-US.
Being a spectral blade, it could not interact with objects or enemies in the material realm ( it's companion the material reaver was required for that).In Legacy of Kain: Defiance, when fully charged it does more damage and it's Reaver spell is a wide spread blast of spectral energy.
- The Spectral Reaver is only explicitly identified as such in Legacy of Kain: DefianceTemplate:Ref-DefianceTemplate:Ref-Defiance-Prima. In previous Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Soul Reaver 2, the Spectral Realm incarnation of the Wraith Blade is not given a title, though its differing appearance and attributes from the Material Realm version of the Reaver are frequently notedTemplate:Ref-SR2-Prima.
- Template:Icon-SR1Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
- Template:Icon-SR2Soul Reaver 2
- Template:Icon-DefianceLegacy of Kain: Defiance
- Prima Games / Mel Odom. Prima's Official Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Guide. (1999)