- "Forged by the Serioli, the legendary weapon masters of Nosgoth, this blade will serve me well, in life and beyond."
The Serioli operated at some point during or before the events of Blood Omen.[Blood Omen/Miscellaneous] They were responsible for forging the durable Iron Sword used by an assassin to murder Kain, which Kain - subsequently resurrected as a vampire - adopted as his own weapon during his quest to restore the Pillars of Nosgoth.[Blood Omen/Miscellaneous][Blood Omen/1]
- Legacy of Kain: Defiance reveals that Vorador was the swordsmith responsible for forging the Reaver.[Defiance/6][Defiance/8] Although the Serioli have neither appeared nor been mentioned since Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, fans theorize that Vorador may have been connected to their faction based on this evidence.
- It is possible that the name of the Serioli was inspired or derived from Steven Brust's Dragaera series of fantasy novels, which include a race of the same name. In the original Dragaera novel, Jhereg (1983), Brust's Serioli are described as "[a] small, strange race [...] that dwell in the jungles and mountains of Dragaera", who created "a Morganti weapon, [...] capable of destroying the soul of the person it kills [... and] endowed with a kind of sentience".
- The Serioli at Dark Chronicle (by Ardeth Silvereni)
- Steven Brust. Jhereg. (Ace Books.) (1983)