Poltergeists appeared as a floating ghostly skeletal torso, missing a lower body and with large horns and claws. They appeared only in the 'limbo' area of the Eternal Prison, where once the machinery was activated, the poltergeists materialized as Kain climbed the floating platforms, glowing white until they were defeated[Blood Omen 2].
Poltergeists were resilient and powerful enemies with a long combo, however they lacked any unblockable or power moves and had comparatively little Blood or Lore. Despite their ghastly appearance, poltergeists were no harder to defeat than any other recurring enemy in Blood Omen 2[Blood Omen 2]. Neither their origin nor their nature is discussed in the game.
- In folklore Poltergeists are supposedly mischievous spirits often associated with psychokinesis, physical attacks or a 'haunting' of a single person; the term literally translates as a "noisy ghost"
- Poltergeists are labelled as "spectre" in debug information[Blood Omen 2].
- The origins of Poltergeists are not elaborated upon in game, though they would appear to be undead (or at least ghost-like), Prima's Blood Omen 2 Guide confirms they are of a "supernatural nature". It is possible that they are the remains of prisoners tortured to death in the Eternal Prison, though given their horns and claws, not necessarily human prisoners. They are one of the few 'nightmare vision enemies' of the Eternal Prison that has remained in place in the finished game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Turn to the left and make your way to the end of the platform. Before you reach the end, a Poltergeist will materialize in front of you. Kill it and use your Jump gift to reach the higher platform ahead." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 63-64. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "You'll find yourself transported to a circular structure floating in limbo. Walk through the checkpoint and make your way over the rings towards the center. Jump over to the center ring, grabbing the large sword on the ground outside. Enter the center building and pull the switch." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 63. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ "You'll have to deal with another Poltergeist as you cross the platform. Despite its supernatural nature, you can still suck blood from its body after defeating it just like any other creature. Once at the end of the platform, use the Jump gift to reach the next one." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2 (2002). Page 63-64. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- ↑ Eternal Prison Deleted Areas on The Lost Worlds(by Ben Lincoln)