Lore Coffers, also known as Lore Chests or Relics, were seen throughout Blood Omen 2, they provided a boost to Kain's Lore.[Blood Omen 2][Blood Omen 2 strategy guide][Blood Omen 2 manual (US)][Blood Omen 2 manual (UK)]
Profile[edit | edit source]
Lore Coffers were ornately decorated boxes of Vampire origin found throughout Meridian in Blood Omen 2. Kain could 'feed' from these boxes in the same manner as feeding on Blood (telekinetically)[Blood Omen 2][Blood Omen 2 manual (US)][Blood Omen 2 manual (UK)][Blood Omen 2 strategy guide] causing the box to open and yielding several glowing orbs for Kain to feed on. The Lore Coffers were decorated in 2 colours, Red and Blue - with blue boxes providing the most orbs and the most Lore (with 5 'orbs' in Blue Coffers and 3 in Red).[Blood Omen 2]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prima's Blood Omen 2 Guide refers to Lore Coffers exclusively as "Relics", whilst the Blood Omen 2 manual gives "Lore Chests" as an alternate title alongside "Lore Coffers".[Blood Omen 2 strategy guide][Blood Omen 2 manual (US)][Blood Omen 2 manual (UK)]
- Umah says the Lore Coffers are "relics of our ancestors", but it is unclear if she means the Ancient vampires or later Vampire generations. It is unknown why they only appear in Meridian.[Blood Omen 2][Blood Omen 2/1]
- The similar appearance of Lore Coffers and Weapon power chests may imply a common origin and Umah's description of Lore Coffers could equally apply to the similarly appearing Weapon Power Chests[Blood Omen 2][Blood Omen 2/1]
- In an age of Nosgoth dominated by the Sarafan, it seems strange that these boxes would be allowed to remain in place - they are seen widely throughout Meridian and even in presumably Hylden-only areas, such as the Device[Blood Omen 2].
- Lore Coffers only feature in Blood Omen 2, however other titles in the series feature different items that could increase the capacity of the protagonist's health, including Blood vials in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain[Blood Omen] and health power-ups in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver[Soul Reaver].