Glyph Knights were a Sarafan enemy class featured in Blood Omen 2. Glyph Knights were first encountered in Chapter 5:The Sarafan Keep and reappeared in Chapter 10:the Wharves, they were arguably the strongest Sarafan unit encountered by Kain.
Kain first encountered a Glyph Knight in Chapter 5: House of My Enemy, on the roof of the Sarafan Keep, the knight had been made aware of Kain's presence and had been sent to guard Umah[Blood Omen 2]; after dispatching the knight Kain was able to rescue her. Glyph Knights were later seen (and were far more numerous) in Chapter 10: the Wharves, where the heavily guarded stronghold was defended by them[Blood Omen 2].
Glyph Knights were the elite troops of the Sarafan; effectively an 'upgrade' of the Sarafan Knights (with whom they share many attacks) and with elements of Glyph guards; they wore red-colored heavy armor that was infused with Glyph Magic and would glow when vampires were near which made it impossible for Kain to sneak up on them. They were stronger and more resilient than their Sarafan brothers and frequently carried Broadswords in their right hand and used a special armor plate on their left arms for defense. Like their Sarafan Knights subordinates, Glyph Knights were also immune to grab attack decapitations[Blood Omen 2]. They apparently watched over the most heavily guarded Sarafan strongholds such as the Sarafan Keep and the Wharves[Blood Omen 2].
- Glyph Knights are seen to be involved in the battle of Meridian, guarding the Sarafan Lord in the stand-off between Kain's vampire army and the Sarafan[Blood Omen 2].
- Presumably the armor of the Glyph Knights glowed in the presence of Vampires due to glyph magic
- In-game debug information lables the sarafan glyph knights as "sgknt"[Blood Omen 2].
- Glyph Knight: "Bodies were found downstairs. The intruder is near. I want you to patrol the courtyard."//Guards: "Yes, sir."//Glyph Knight: "I’ll guard the cell. Move out." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- Kain: "What are the defenses here?"//Umah: "The heaviest of all the Sarafan outposts. They control all trade and all travel to and from Meridian."//Kain: "The Sarafan are nothing compared to what I have faced, and destroyed."//Umah: "Don't be arrogant. Their finest warriors will be waiting within. The Glyph Knights are deadly."//Kain: "We shall see." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.
- "Betrayal: The waterfront is bustling with activity, as Hylden supply ships make their way from here to the Hylden Gate. Kain and Umah must search the docks to gain access to a war galley. The wharves are guarded by the Sarafan's finest: Glyph Knights who can detect the presence of vampires at a distance." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002).Page 79 onwards.ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- "Glyph Guards/Knights:More advanced than normal Guards/Knights, their armor is made with Glyph magic and alerts them to Kain's presence. It is almost impossible to kill these enemies in Stealth Mode." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2 manual. pg11 (Eidos Interactive). (2002) Download.
- Glyph Knight: "More advanced than normal Guards/Knights, their armor is made with Glyph magic and alerts them to Kain's presence. Kain can never kill them in Stealth Mode"Glyph Knights on the Official Blood Omen 2 Site
- Glyph Magic at Dark Chronicle (by Ardeth Silvereni).