Glyph Batteries were seen throughout Blood Omen 2, they were primarily used as 'conductors' in the Glyph magic network, though the name suggests they may also store a certain amount of Glyph Energy 'charge' (this could also explain their volatile explosive nature).Kain first encountered a Glyph Battery in Chapter 3: The Lower City[Blood Omen 2].
Kain often used Glyph Batteries in Blood Omen 2 to aid puzzle solving. Initially this was through the rearranging of Glyph Batteries, such as replacing old or broken batteries with new ones or changing the flow of the Glyph magic to power different functions. Later puzzles tended to involve taking advantage of the explosiveness of the batteries, often involving Kain subjecting the batteries to a heat sources or excessive force, which generally caused them to explode and destroy surrounding scenery or objects[Blood Omen 2].
- Glyph Batteries were generally manipulated in the same fashion as ordinary blocks were; being pushed or pulled into position by Kain[Blood Omen 2].
- Prima's Official Blood Omen 2 Guide refers to the batteries primarily as "Glyph Eggs"
- "Glyph Batteries:These are egg-shaped Glyph energy containers that can be pushed like blocks and used for completing a circuit or blowing something up to solve a puzzle. Glyph Batteries explode rather easily." Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2 manual. pg16 (Eidos Interactive). (2002) Download.
- "Replace Battery: Turn and push the new Glyph Egg forward into the next room. Remove the worn Glyph Egg that the wraith was working on and push the new one into place." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002).Page 25 onwards.ISBN 0-7615-3774-0
- Umah: "Well done. The glyphs are operated by the Glyph Wrights, a secret society existing within Meridian. You may see them working on glyphs, from time to time. They rarely talk with the townsfolk, and very little is known about their origins. " Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002) Transcript.