The Dagger was first found on the floor of the Slums and could later be found in the hands of Thieves from the Smuggler's Den onwards . It was not particularly powerful, but was quick and enabled Kain to perform more 'agile' combos. The Dagger's Stealth kills included slitting the victims throat and a driving the Dagger through their skull so it protruded from the mouth.
- Prima's Blood Omen 2 Guide does not distinguish between the Sword Variant weapons and the dagger is accordingly simply called a "Sword".
- In-game debug information calls the Short Sword a "Dagger".
- Thief: "Ninja-like assassins that prefer to hide in the shadows and surprise Kain with a surprise attack. Their weapon of choice is the Dagger and they are quite nimble. If close to death, the Thief will always try to run away."Official Blood Omen 2 site Humans page
- Crystal Dynamics. Blood Omen 2. (Eidos Interactive). PlayStation 2. (March 19, 2002).
- Short Sword: "Dagger-ish looking things carried by many thieves and lower ranking guards, these weapons don't do a great deal of damage, but are swift.//Grab attack 1: Side stab.//Grab attack 2: Heart stab (how they live is beyond me).//Stealth kill 1: Cut throat.//Stealth kill 2: Throat stab.//Power: Low.". GameFAQS. Players Guide to Blood Omen 2 (2002)(by CelticWolf).
- Normal Weapons: Spiked Club,Dagger,Long Sword,Sarafan Staff,Cutlass,Dual-Bladed Staff,Small Ax "All these weapons can do three hit combos. When holding a grabbed opponent you can do three weak hits by pressing the attack button, do a heavy attack by pressing up and attack, or throw them a great distance by pressing up and the grab button. I recommend to inflict the most damage is to do two weak hits and finish off with either the heavy attack or throw.". GameFAQS. Blood Omen 2 Strategy Guide (2002)(by Chetflavin).
- "Head through the open doorway. Inside the room you'll find a sword on the floor. Grab it by pressing the Action button when you are standing over it. Exit through the open doorway to a small platform." Prima Games. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Blood Omen 2(2002). Page 14 onwards. ISBN 0-7615-3774-0